Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Sea Life

I spent a lovely few days at the Olympic Peninsula with my family. We were in an adorable cabin RIGHT ON the beach on Sequim Bay. It was gorgeous and the area was simply teeming with wildlife. We had seals, hords of Kingfisher and G. Blue Heron, Pacific Loons, gulls, and tons of sea stars and crabs. One sea star in particular said he didn't like monkey pie wrench. Lame.


We also rented a boat which was really fun and the sibling dogs were great captains. Sage really liked riding on the seats, while Amelia preferred riding on laps.

When not on the beach or at the fire pit, we played lots of games including Apples to Apples. Ehem, I should have won, but msister decided to stymie my every move. Mr. Bag of Donuts made an especially good move when he played "birdwatching" while I was holding the "peaceful" card. He and I also made an awesome Pictionary team, though we didn't win then either.... I think the fix was in. Good thing the ocean calms me down and I didn't have to throw any game boards....

Next time we'll bring the Biscuit and Scout and Peeve.

No comments: