Monday, February 25, 2008

Bob!


Wow, what a surprise, this morning when I got into work I had this picture in my inbox. This is Bob, the Great Horned Owl. He is one of my favorite birds to work with. The photo was sent from a student at the UW who found my email address by looking up my name from my nametag and apparently I had said I worked in the Libraries. Cool, and great detective work!

Bob is about 12 years old, but his age is unknown for sure. He came to the Zoo in 1999 as an adult after being hit by a car. His right wing has permanent soft tissue damage so he lost his ability for silent flight, which owls depend on for hunting. He is very cool, but makes a funny hiss and lunge whenever crows are nearby...

1 comment:

Laura Nolan said...

wow, this is amazing! So cool!