Friday, August 3, 2007

Shark Callers

Seeing my friend Sienna Soup again reminded me just how awesome sharks are, so I've been watching some "Shark Week" programming. Last night I saw a program about people in the villages of Papua New Guinea who go out in these tiny canoes that have them practically sitting on the water... they shake coconut rattles and sing to "call" the sharks from the deep. The sharks actually do come and they catch them with a little noose made out of vines. It is crazy. And I tell you what, if anyone could do that, I know Sienna Soup could!

On the tamer side of things, if you love owls and raptors as much as I do, but don't really want the danger, chaos, and bodily excretions that go along with them, well, have a picnic and make your own! How cool is this watermelon owl?!?




Peeve is fat again. I don't know how it happens so fast? He goes up and down almost as much as I do! At least he doesn't have to wear clothes. Actually, not true. Sometimes I like to put him in clothes and I did have to make him a new jacket last winter because he was too fat for his old one to close... Looks like me and the hounds are back on diets...

1 comment:

Baby Mama said...

I have been watching Shark Week all week long! I also need to find out how to make watermelon owl.
I'm bored!