Thursday, July 26, 2007

What happened?

Well, ever since Scout spent the night out on her own, she does new annoying stuff at night. She squeezes between the wall and my side of the bed and pants and drools on my head, pillow, arms, whatever she can get to. That and she stares at me. I don't know what she wants - she has eaten, has water, has her bed, has had a walk, has had the sticks picked out of her fur, she has been hugged and patted, etc. She stays there panting until I can't stand it anymore and then I have to help her back out since she is too big to turn around in the space. She looks worried and uncomfortable backing up and every night I have those truck back up beeping sounds in my head, muffled by the panting of course. Then she pants at the end of the bed or on the other side of the bed, pant, pant, pant. I just don't know what is worrying her, if you have suggestions please share!

Peeve is sleeping just fine as usual, however, the other day he hopped on to the bed where I was readding Harry Potter, and he had a quarter size bald spot on his shoulder with screamingly pink damp skin. He had only been away from me about 10 minutes and the area was totally clean and there weren't any discreet wounds. It was like the hair and the top few layers of skin were just yanked off. Very weird. He didn't seem at all troubled by it and it has scabbed up nicely.

Mimi also sleeps well, but does have a new scratch across her nose. She must have had a spat with one of her boyfriends. We're watching it to make sure it doesn't get infected, but she is completely unphased by it, being a grubby little tom-boy cat anyway.

Lastly, a shout out to Shorty from the Monkeypiewrench animal gang - Shorty Snax, you didn't need those teeth anyway! xoxoxo, 1, 2, 3.

1 comment:

Miss Kathy said...

Shorty Snax appreciates the shout out! It's a little sad watching him try to gum a bone, but all in all he seems unscathed. His new nickname is Grampa Gums!

Now, Shorty is really all bark and no bite. Peeve is safe from Shorty!