
Last week I messed up during the raptor flight show. Uh oh. The only reason I didn't get in big trouble was because the other volunteer messed up worse than me! Way to take the heat off me, dude. The Harris's Hawk (Cisco) does a routine involving flying over to a perch where I stand on a ladder and give him food. He isn't supposed to fly to me until I blow my whistle and wave the bait above the perch. This bird is very smart. He was over in the middle of the flight area and was looking over at me... then he started flying toward me... I panicked and thought maybe he was right and I was wrong, that it was the part of the routine where he is supposed to come over... So I blew the whistle while he was already on his way AND gave him his food. Whoops. I'm not supposed to let the bird dictate the routine or when he gets his food... I'm in charge. Yes. I'm trying to remember that for tomorrow when just about any of the birds can probably encourage me to do what they want... I must be firm.
No comments:
Post a Comment